Skip to main content

Living with Fibromyalgia




    Living with fibromyalgia can be a daily struggle. The pain can be unbearable and the feeling of being alone can be overwhelming. It's like a constant battle with your own body. But there is hope.

    With proper pain management, you can learn to control and manage your pain. It's important to understand that fibromyalgia is not like cancer or other disorders that cause damage to your body. It's a disorder that affects your nervous system and can worsen with trauma or stress. But with the right techniques, you can lead a better life.

    Imagine being free from the constant suffering and having greater control over your pain. You can increase your ability to manage your pain and treasure the moments where you feel better. Living with fibromyalgia doesn't have to be a life sentence of pain and isolation.

    The first step in achieving pain relief is to seek proper care from a healthcare professional who can provide guidance on pain management. Medications such as acetaminophen, non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and Cox-2 inhibitors are commonly used to treat mild to moderate pain associated with fibromyalgia. However, it's important to be aware of the risks associated with these medications, including addiction and side effects. For me, taking the medications suggested was not an option. I turned to the holistic route and found relief. Everyone is different so you need to find what works for you. After all, no one can tell you how to feel. 

    Additionally, therapy can be beneficial in improving pain management for those living with fibromyalgia. Anti-depressant and anti-inflammatory drugs such as amitriptyline can also be used to manage chronic pain. But it's important to understand that medication alone may not always provide lasting benefit, especially when dealing with chronic conditions like fibromyalgia.

    To better manage your condition, lifestyle changes and alternative therapies should also be considered. This can include low impact exercise routines, acupuncture, massage therapy or even simple breathing exercises to help calm the nervous system and ease stress levels. With dedication and persistence in finding the right approach, you can increase control over your pain, leading to improved quality of life despite suffering from this painful disorder.

    Take the first step towards improving your life with fibromyalgia. Educate yourself on pain management techniques and seek out support from others who understand what you're going through. With patience you can find the benefits of living a life with less pain and more joy. Don't wait until the next emergency or last resort, take control now and start managing your pain.

As a Holistic Life Health Coach I try my best to use natural remedies and use food as medicine. Ask me how I may be able to help you through your journey.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treating Food as Medicine for Chronic Pain

  Are you tired of living with chronic pain? I know I was! I felt like no doctor was listening to my concerns and with the new opioid restrictions, the thought of relief was just a dream. Chronic pain can be debilitating and affect every aspect of your life.  Imagine being able to do the things you love without constant discomfort. Picture a life where you can focus on the things that matter the most to you. With the right approach and guidance, it's possible to reduce the impact of chronic pain on your daily life.  I have mentioned in my other posts, my doctors wanted me to take an insane amount of ibuprofen and acetaminophen on a daily basis. My main concern was that my liver and kidneys would be damaged and guess what? I would be in even more pain because lets get real, ibuprofen and acetaminophen do not take away chronic pain. I was also given gabapentin, which is a prescription drug used as an anticonvulsant. However, they are distributing this drug like tic-tacs for pain. For

Do you ever feel like you're stuck in life?

Are you feeling stuck in life? Do you have goals but just can't quite seem to achieve them? As a Holistic Life Coach, I have seen firsthand the power of setting intentions and creating a plan to achieve them. It brings me so much joy to help people unlock their potential and reach their dreams. My journey to becoming a Holistic Life Coach started as a First Responder, where I ran towards people in need with passion and purpose. Now, as a coach, I get to do the same thing, but in a different way. I love sitting down with clients, listening to their stories, and helping them create a roadmap to success. Seeing the positive outcomes from my clients is truly one of the best aspects of my job, and it empowers me to continue helping others. If you're feeling like you need a little boost to achieve your goals, know that you're not alone. As a coach, I'm here to help guide you towards success and unlock your full potential. Let's work together to make your dreams a reality.