Skip to main content

Holistic Life Coach and My Mission to Help Others


I'm a holistic life coach and my mission is to help people who are struggling with post surgical pain. Dealing with pain can be incredibly tough, both physically and emotionally, and it's something that no one should have to go through alone. That's where I come in.

I am a spinal cord tumor survivor and understand the recovery of major life changing surgery all too well! It's so frustrating when you feel like no one is listening to you or believing what you're saying. It can make you want to scream! It's like your voice doesn't matter at all. And even worse, it feels like people think you're lying or making things up. That kind of disbelief can be really hurtful and make you doubt yourself. All you want is to be heard and have your words taken seriously. That is how I felt when I was recovering and no one wanted to help me with post-surgical pain. In my State of New Jersey, unless you have cancer or are on hospice, you will only get five days of pain medicine maximum prescribed and then you are on your own. I had a tumor removed from my spinal cord and laminectomies. I spent two days in the ICU, then an additional four days in the step down unit. I was still in major pain and I was on my own after those five days from being discharged from the hospital!

With the right support, guidance, and tools, you can manage your pain and live a more fulfilling life.

I use a combination of techniques to help my clients find relief from their pain, including mindfulness exercises, gentle movement, nutrition advice, and stress management strategies. Together, we'll work on building a plan that fits your unique needs and goals.

If you're ready to take control of your pain and start living the life you deserve, let's connect. I'm here for you every step of the way.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holistic Pain Management

Pain management is a holistic approach that focuses on treating the root causes of pain and educating patients on how to manage their conditions in order to achieve long-term relief. Herbs Herbs are a popular treatment for pain because they're easy to use and have few side effects. They can be taken as teas or tinctures, and they're often used in salves and ointments as well. Herbs work by decreasing inflammation and increasing blood flow to the area where you're experiencing pain, which helps the body heal itself naturally from injuries or illness. You can use herbs both acutely--when you have an injury or inflammation that needs immediate attention--and chronically--for long-term conditions like arthritis or fibromyalgia that require ongoing treatment over time. Herbs are also beneficial for both physical and emotional pain: some herbs reduce physical symptoms such as muscle spasms while others address psychological issues such as anxiety or depression by calming your min...

When My Doctors Would Not Help With My Pain

       After my major spine surgery I was sent home with 20 percocet. I was instructed to take one pill every six hours for pain. If you calculate the instructions that would be five days of pain medicine. I had a tumor removed from my spinal cord, 4 lamina removed from my thoracic spine with no hardware replacing it. My Serratus posterior superior muscles was cut through (upper back major muscle) and four nerve roots were also cut through in order to get to the tumor. To this day I still have CSF leak in my spinal cord as well. While in the hospital ( two days in ICU and 5 days afterwards) I was given dilaudid for the pain. When I am discharged 5 day supply of percocet and then I was on my own.     I called my neurosurgeon's office asking for help. I was told to take 1000 mg of acetaminophen  every six hours, 800 mg of ibuprofen every four hours, valium for muscle spasms three times a day, and the ever so wonderful gabapentin three times a day for ner...

Mental Health for Post Surgical and Life Changing Events

 I was diagnosed with a meningioma on my spinal cord six years ago. It was found by complete surprise, I was getting an MRI on my back due to an injury. When the doctor came into the examination room to give me the results, I saw the look on his face and immediately knew something was wrong. I was advised to see a neurosurgeon right away. My spinal cord was completely compressed and eventually I would become paralyzed from the waist down among many other life changing issues if I didn't get it removed.     The first neurosurgeon I went to scared the life out of me. He said the tumor was facing my breastbone and because of the location they would have to remove one of my ribs and go around my lungs and heart to get to the tumor. In the next breath he said or we can do pin point radiation. None of these options sounded appealing to me, especially since I was not having symptoms yet!      I was really depressed and went for another opinion. The next ...